Announcing the 6th biennial International Conference on Oil Palm and the Environment (ICOPE) - Bali, 6 - 8 March 2018. Embracing Sustainable Palm Oil: Solutions for Local Production and Global Change
The International Conference on Oil Palm and Environment (ICOPE) is organized every two years by Sinar Mas Agribusiness and Food, the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) Indonesia, and CIRAD. www.icope-series.com
ICOPE is the world’s leading dedicated conference exploring the balance between palm oil development and sustainability.
Bringing together scientists, academics, experts, industry members, governments and other key stakeholders, ICOPE 2018 will provide once again a large array of opportunities to learn and share views on best practices aimed at achieving high productivity of large and small plantations, coupled with a high level of sustainability at the landscape level.
ICOPE 2018: what’s new?
Despite the significant efforts of key actors in the palm oil sector over the last 10 years to transform the industry into a more sustainable sector, several reports and decisions from palm oil consuming countries have recently showed that such efforts are not being fully recognized.
Combining General Lectures on broad subject areas with Technical Sessions on various papers presented by stakeholders such as research institutions, palm oil growers and millers, government agencies, financial institutions and NGOs, ICOPE 2018 aims at generating solutions-oriented discussions.
ICOPE 2018 will organize conference sessions on:
- Contribution of oil palm to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals in tropical countries (large plantations and smallholders): Views from South East Asia, Africa and South America
- Reaching a global consensus on sustainability standards
- Landscape integration of large and small plantations; Ecosystem functions restoration, ecosystem services in oil palm cultivation
- Carbon footprint and water footprint: What improvements are expected?
- Contribution of technologies such as drones, smart systems and artificial intelligence to reach higher level of sustainability with respect to production and conservation
CALL FOR PAPERS
Papers are invited for oral or poster presentation at the conference.
Contributors are requested to submit a one page abstract typed in single space using Microsoft
Word with size 12 Times New Roman font.
|Abstract submission||30 Oct 2017|
|Announcement of paper acceptance||30 Nov 2017|
|Full paper submission||7 Jan 2018|
Abstracts and full manuscripts should be submitted by email to:
EXHIBTION AND SPONSORSHIP
Companies or organisations wanting to promote their latest products or services related to palm oil and the environment are welcome to showcase to an expected audience of 400 high-level participants, including business executives, government officials, experts and academia, and professionals.
Attractive sponsorship packages are also available.